Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Patience is a Virtue

I got home from my last trip TWO DAYS ago at around 2PM or so, and my phone has not rung since. I went to a Church potluck dinner last night in the northern part of COS and had all my packed bags and my uniform waiting for me in the car in case I got "the call." But it never came. I did not bid today because there was nothing to bid on...things are a bit slow.

BUT...last time I was on duty, I got a 3 hour call out to do an IND turn, so all hope's not lost yet, since I'm on duty until midnight tomorrow night.

I have lots of yard work I could do, but I don't want to start it and leave cuttings all over the place if I get "the call." I have finished Greg's corporate taxes, and could start working on this year's books - but what's the fun in that?!? The new season of Ellen and Dr. Phil have started, and I am mesmerized from 3-5PM, but aside from that I am making my daily run to Safeway (they always say "see you tomorrow!") or running to the Post Office or whatever.

I think I need them to call me!

No comments: