Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hurricane Season

I sat the couch yesterday and had a blast - the A shift were all classmates, and my shift (the B shift) were also all classmates. Now that we are the lowest of the low, the bottom of the barrel... you get the picture... we are chosen last for all aggressive bidding. But that's okay - we got to take our recurrent training test (I got a 98% - I missed one question because I answered it "backwards" - dumb) and spend a lot of time catching up on each other's lives. Kelly K. and Ashley W. rode the couch with me.

And then the phone in the crewroom rang...and my name was called out. It seems a flight attendant on her way to DIA forgot her ID at home, so they called me to take her place on an overnight trip to Philly. The crew was great, the hotel is one of my favorites, and I got a good night's sleep!

This morning's flight presented a challenge. There was a "problem passenger" in the exit row - we aren't sure what her problem was, but she was not a very nice person. Her hubby acted embarrassed...he could do a lot better with someone else. But, aside from that minor scratch that we couldn't itch, we had a good trip. I am now back at home, and will be back on duty around 9PM or so.

No comments: