Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to Work!

I sat the couch this afternoon and got to preboard a flight to San Diego - the scheduled crew arrived after everyone was boarded and the flight was ready to go. But my favorite thing happened during preboarding...a passenger, who we later found out was sitting in row 20, hoisted her roller bag into the overhead bin above row 4 and then proceeded to walk to the back of the plane. The flight attendant assigned to the middle of the plane stopped her and asked her where her seat was. When she found out, she removed the roller bag and followed the woman to her seat, and had her put it at the back of the plane!

I know it doesn't sound like much, but it really makes it hard to stow all the bags for the forward rows...I have done it a couple times. My favorite was when I watched a guy do it, then I went behind him and took the bag out without saying a word and followed him to the back of the plane. When he got to his seat, I tapped him on the shoulder and said "Sir, you forgot something!" He was none too happy with me.

I successfully bid for a trip for tomorrow - after having driven to Denver, and still having 3 days on duty, I felt it'd be a shame if I drove home and then had to come back again. I was lucky enough to get a trip that starts at 6AM tomorrow (that's the only bad part - I wish it'd start a bit later...), so I am staying at my friends' house in Denver tonight. First off, I'll do a roundtrip to San Diego, and then I'll fly to Atlanta for the night! I'll check back tomorrow with all the juicy details...

No comments: