Tuesday, September 23, 2008

False Alarm

I "took it easy" today - ran errands, caught up with paperwork, etc. I was afraid to start a project in the garden, for fear I'd be called away mid-pruning.

At about 1:45PM my cell phone rang - "Unknown" - that means it is crew scheduling. They had a trip for me, with a show time of 4:55PM. The first part of the trip was a turn to Albuquerque, and then an overnight in Tucson for 10 hours. Next up was a flight back to Denver and then a turn to Nashville - but I wouldn't get back to Denver until around 9PM.

I rushed home to drop off the stuff I had just purchased, made sure everything in the house was "just so" and then got dressed. I had just finished and was getting ready to head out the door when the phone rang again - it was crew scheduling again, and they said "Never mind!"

"What?" I screamed. The poor guy said that his ear hurt. I asked what happened, cause I was all dressed and ready to go. He said he was glad he caught me before I hit the road, but there had been "an emergency" for the flight attendant on the trip because she lost her glasses. But then she found them, so she was continuing on the trip!

I was disappointed, and he told me that they'll call me again later - and I asked him not to! Cause I was going to put my play clothes on again...

I am on duty until midnight tomorrow night (though I can call in at 6PM and ask to be released to my days off), and I actually have two days off this time! Yippee!

No comments: