Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar!

I started today out in Vegas, flew back to Denver in the afternoon, then did a turn to San Diego. I've been home for about 15 minutes, am exhausted, but am too wired to sleep. So I'll blog for awhile, instead.

As the day wore on, the weirder things got...but in a good way. I am happy to announce that I finally had a passenger that I sorta kinda knew! On my flight to San Diego there was a nice looking kid who was ordering an adult beverage - I carded him (born in '84), and said "Hmmmm. Maybe I should introduce you to my daughter. She's near your age." He replied, "I'll give you my cell number to give to her." Then I showed him her picture, he asked where she lived, and then he wanted to know when she'd move back to CO. One thing led to another, and it turns out he's the son of a couple that I worked with for several years at the high school when I was on the PTO! Wonderful couple - and a very cute son! He went to the same high school as Jen, but he now lives in San Diego. Too bad...nice kid.

On my last flight tonight - San Diego to Denver, I was briefing the exit row and recognized one of the guys - he's 6'8" so he's hard to miss - he's married to a woman who I knew on the PTO at Jen's elementary school many many moons ago. I knew who he was, but he didn't know me. He wasn't paying attention during my briefing because he didn't think he was the exit row (long story), but when I asked if he was comfortable sitting in an exit row seat, he looked up in surprise and said he had been listening. I told him that I knew who he was, and that I didn't think he'd be a troublemaker...later on, I asked him to tease the very short B flight attendant because she had been teasing me about being tall. He could have done more...and promised to do better the next time he flew with us.

The entire trip was summed up by one guy as he was leaving the plane tonight - he told me "You guys are having entirely too much fun!" And you know what? We were. What's the point of working and having a job if you aren't enjoying yourself?!?

No comments: