Saturday, September 20, 2008

Off We Go...Into the Wild Blue Yonder!

I had a good day off yesterday - managed to get all my errands run and a few other things done. It was a good thing, too, cause my phone rang at 0500 today - I had a 0730 showtime for a double turn to Salt Lake City. It wouldn't have been so bad, except for the fact that I had almost a 3 hour sit inbetween the turns. During that 3 hours I got SO SLEEPY!

The CPT was originally from New Zealand, and before passengers came on board he would play his iPod over the intercom - music from Andrea Bocielli to Devo! The FO's name was Frank, and the B flight attendant kept introducing him as Frankie Avalon. The C flight attendant was one of my favorites from a previous trip - Serena. We had a high hour 4 day trip last spring...hard work, but we had lots of fun. It was great to fly with her again!

As I left the airport, Crew Scheduling gave me my 10 hours rest and then told me that I am #4 on the 1 day trip list...so the phone very well may ring again...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Susan, thank you so much for the traveling advice. The twins are getting very excited and we are going to have a good time once I get all my thoughts together on this one. Will the airline check the stroller last minute at the gate? Nolan carseat is the kind that snaps into the stroller, should I check the carseat part at the front or will they check that too. I'm actually secretly hoping that we won't have a full flight and I could bring it on, but I don't know if that's even an option.

Kelly said...

Those double turns with the long sit are rough! It was nice seeing you and having lunch on Saturday and meeting Serena, too. Hope all goes well with her. Talk to you soon...