Thursday, March 20, 2008

Southern Hospitality

After flying the couch, I got to work the redeye to Atlanta last night (or should I say early this morning?)...the flight was full, and I was assigned to the forward galley for the trip. After the first beverage service, I served warm cookies to the passengers (and a glass of milk, too) as a "good night snack."

When I walked back up the aisle to get more cookies, a passenger in row 4 rang his call button. He told me that his wife was "unresponsive" and very lethargic. Oh boy...I was stumped. I got both the other flight attendants attention, and we discussed what to do. We paged for medical assistance, and fortunately there was an MD in row 1. He sat with the patient, asked her questions, took her blood pressure, etc. She had taken muscle relaxers several hours before and had eaten Mexican food earlier in the day. Then she said that she wanted to go to the lavatory.

Her husband went with her, and they stayed quite awhile (though this was not a "Mile High Club" activity)...when they finally emerged, she looked A LOT better and felt A LOT better, too. The MD told us that it was just as he suspected...she had GAS. Can you believe it?!?! I had never seen too much gas make a person act that way. Live and learn. All was well, we informed the CPT that there was no need for medical assistance in Atlanta, and we continued on our way.

Boy...did that make our flight time go by faster!!!

We got to the hotel at around 5:45AM and I couldn't sleep!!! But, fortunately, by around 6:30AM I was out. Next thing I knew, it was around 1PM. Again, we are in a very nice hotel - a Westin, and the bed truly is "heavenly." We leave the hotel at 6PM and head back to Denver. So I have made breakfast (instant oatmeal and an apple), and have had my required Diet Coke!

No comments: