Friday, March 28, 2008

A Good Day

Yesterday, when I arrived at the crewroom for my Noon-6PM shift, I called crew scheduling to check in. Me...being the smarty pants that I am, said something along the lines of "This is Susan, employee #XXXXX calling in for the couch, and my...what a lovely couch it is! However, could we possibly get a few Lazy Boy recliners in here?" Ha ha ha! I crack myself up! The crew scheduler made me promise that I'd try and get a few recliners for them, too.

I was on the couch for less than two hours when I got "THE CALL" - they needed me for a turn to SLC (Salt Lake City) - the C flight attendant had forgotten her ID badges at home, so they pulled me off the couch to take her place. The crew was already briefing, and they were a lot of fun! Helena had been an FA for 10 years, and Laura had been doing this for 4 years. But they were very good and very professional!

I taught them that if you wrap a banana in foil it prevents it from ripening too quickly! That's a tidbit I learned a week or so ago from another FA.

This team was continuing on to Chicago for the night, and then on to Ft. Myers tonight, with a return on Saturday. I am assuming that the FA with the missing ID badges was rejoining the trip, because I was released for the rest of the night.

In fact, I was released until my show time this evening at 6:35PM - I have a 7:35PM flight to Louisville, KY and will return on Saturday evening at 9PM. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to see what's happening at the Louisville Convention Center tomorrow - it's just across the street from the hotel!

No comments: