Friday, March 21, 2008

Florida Fun

What a gorgeous day! I started out walking to the boardwalk along the river - it's right outside the hotel. Here's a picture of the skyline of Jacksonville, looking across the river.



Next up, I walked on Hendricks Road to my favorite consignment shop - Fifi's. And I actually found a blouse! Then down the street to Panera Bread for lunch, and then on to San Marco - my favorite little village. Here's a picture I took at the corner of Hendricks Road and Atlantic Avenue.



I went to a few other of my favorite shops - III Lions (I picked up a few things) and a little bookstore that sells Cherry Ames books for $19.95 each! After walking around the town, I headed back to the hotel for a quick break. I relaxed in my room for awhile and then headed to the bar to eat dinner - delicious! A BBQ chicken sandwich, served with fresh fruit. Yummy! Before I started eating, one of my co-workers stopped by on her way to San Marco...she had spent the day sleeping and then working out. I am not sure what the other crewmembers ended up doing. The next time I come here, I'm going to rent a car for the day and explore!

Afterwards, I went out and sat by the pool until the sun went down...we have to catch the shuttle to the airport at 4:30AM, so it's time to repack my back and start winding down...

No comments: