Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nice Surprise!

Last night I received a call at 9:45PM from Crew Scheduling...they were assigning me to a 4-day trip starting at 5:30AM the next morning!!!! The fun news is that my first night was being spent in Washington, DC! FINALLY...an overnight near my family. The next night will be Philly, and the last night in Phoenix.

So this morning we had a turn to Kansas City - the flights were half full and the crew is GREAT. One of the girls from my class is with me, and another girl who is great to work with rounds out our team. We had a great time on our KC flights and then kept busy on our flight to DCA.

Once at the hotel, I quickly changed and took the Metro to Falls Church. Mom picked me up and we went to Anthony's - where I had a delicious Italian meal. Then we hung out at her apartment, and Mark, Matthew and Natalie came over with Roxie to see me! The kids have gotten so tall!



It was a nice visit, and way too short - but Mom and I realized that I hadn't seen her since Jen's graduation in May, 2007! I hope to come back to VA more often...it's just kind of hard while I am on reserve.

Better get going - we have a shuttle back to the airport at 6:30AM tomorrow...

No comments: