Sunday, March 16, 2008

My 100th Flight!

Yesterday's flight from PHL to DEN was the 100th flight that I've taken with Frontier since I was hired. Hip Hip Hooray! Too bad I don't get frequent flier miles...



To celebrate, I took a picture of the plane's mascots - Klondike and Snow! If you look carefully, you can see my hand holding my cell phone taking the picture in the forward galley. Or maybe it's really a ghost...we'll never know, will we?

The flight back was interesting - I haven't been assigned many early evening flights. Everyone was super thirsty and super hungry. And we were super short of bags of chips! We had to raid the flight attendant stash and add little bags of pretzels to the mix. A word to the wise for my loyal and faithful readers...BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINK ONTO THE PLANE!

Starting next week on some flights, we will be selling special "snack boxes" onboard the plane instead of giving away small snacks. We'll see how it goes, and then all the flights will have them - as a reminder "Frontier does not accept cash, all transactions must take place using a credit card!"

I worked closely with the "B" flight attendant, Janice - she's been with the new Frontier for 14 years and was with the old Frontier for 15 years. I picked her brain about a lot of stuff, and came up with some new ideas that I want to try out! She was a great source of information and ideas!

The other flight attendant went into the cockpit for AN HOUR...but I didn't say a word to her. I spoke with a manager after the flight to ask what I should have done, and she gave me some "words" to use next time, and ways to prevent that from happening in the future. What it boils down to, is that the CPT should have not allowed it . If we had had an emergency situation in the back of the plane, we would have been in trouble. Fortunately, nothing happened. But as the manager said, they have three flight attendants assigned to the cabin for a reason. Live and learn.

I'm now off for three days! Yippee and Hooray! But no fun is in store for me...I have lots and lots of accounting to do. By the time I go back to work on Wednesday, my head will be a mushy mess.

2 comments:

Jen said...

what's the difference between the old frontier and the new frontier?

Susan said...

The "old Frontier" went bankrupt or was bought out or some such thing. The "new Frontier" started in '94 with all new people at the helm.