Sunday, March 2, 2008

All in a Day's Work...

While I was hanging out at the pool, I'd occasionally nod off for a few minutes. When I would wake up, this is what I'd see...



We got to the plane at around 5PM, and were supposed to take off at 6:30PM. Unfortunately, we didn't have all the passengers! They were being helicoptered in from the race track as fast as they could go, but we ended up being delayed by a couple hours. The guys (and a few girls) were happy, though - there was lots of beer and soda on board, as well as Philly Cheesesteak (and Cheesechicken) sandwiches. By the time we took off, everyone was ready to fall asleep.

The flight was almost 4 hours from Vegas to Charlotte, NC (CLT). Once there, we refueled and took off as quickly as we could. I sat in the cockpit during takeoff and landing...WOW. It was amazing. Especially the landing - there was a blizzard in Denver with very strong winds. The pilot was a really nice guy who flies with an "Easy Button" on the console. Normally after a landing, he'd push the button. But this time, he said he had to work too hard for someone so tired, and he couldn't push the "Easy Button" (which, by the way, says "That was easy!").

Anyway, I am now at my crash pad. I have 10 hours rest and then they're putting me back on call because of the snowstorm. It's a good thing I'm here. So I will go to sleep now - when I wake up, I'll probably go ahead and go back to the airport and hang out there for awhile. At 6PM, I can call them to release me to my days off, Monday and Tuesday. Who knows what's in store?

No comments: