Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back in God's Country

We had an early showtime yesterday in Phoenix, and then we had about 50 minutes until we took off to go to Mazatlan, Mexico and back!

The plane going to Mazatlan was at least 3/4 full of college students on Spring Break - and boy...were they ready for it! I have to say, though, that everyone was so polite and respectful. It was fun to see! There were a bunch of guys in Row 21 from Texas (they said they were cowboys), and at least 25 girls towards the front of the plane from the University of Connecticut...Most of the UConn group were seniors - this was their "last hurrah."

The flight back was a totally different story...there were a few college students - Regis University in Denver and Ft. Lewis in Durango, CO. The rest of the passengers were elderly people "gettin' out of Dodge!" Most of the people were relaxed and happy after their vacations in the sun, but a couple people hated to come back to the cold weather in Denver.

I just wish that we had trips with overnights to Mazatlan! The only destination that we have in Mexico with an overnight is Cancun, and as you've probably figured out, those that are near the bottom of the seniority list don't usually get to see that trip! Patience, my child, patience. My time will come. After all, I got to go to Costa Rica!

After I got back late yesterday afternoon, I hung out at my "crash pad" since I went back on duty at 2:40AM. I slept on/off until around Noon, and then decided to take a chance and go home. So far, so good! No calls have come in from Crew Scheduling. At 6PM I can call and request to be "released to my days off" and that is exactly what I intend to do. I have Monday and Tuesday off, and then I start a cycle of four days on duty and three days off duty which I'll follow until the end of the month.

No comments: