Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

Well...it was a good thing that my bags were packed and I was all ready to go...my phone rang at 4AM, and the crew scheduler told me I had a show time of 6AM. I threw on my clothes, brushed my teeth and hair, washed my face, and took off.

I got to the airport at 5:50AM, met the crew at 6:05AM, got on the plane at 6:15AM and we took off at 7AM with almost a full flight. I was the forward flight attendant and had FIVE unaccompanied minors. It must be Spring Break, huh?

I got back to Denver at around 11:30AM - a bit on the tired side. They released me for ten hours rest...I just aggressively bid for a few 3-day trips and the B shift on the couch (Noon to 6PM) for tomorrow...and they gave me the couch! Yesterday, they wouldn't give me anything because it would put me over 75 hours. Now that I'm already over 75 hours, they gave me the couch. Go figure. I am thrilled, though, because that means I am OFF DUTY until Noon tomorrow - they won't be calling me in the middle of the night again! Yippee!

Now I understand what others have been complaining about by being on reserve. Fortunately, it hasn't been too bad for me. Let's hope that it stays that way.

No comments: