Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

After leaving Nashville and returning to Denver we did a San Francisco turn...complete with tattooed, studded, big earhole thinged, three kinds of haircuts on one headed passengers...and got back to Denver by midnight. I called crew scheduling to check out, and was told that later that afternoon I had an overnight on New Year's Eve in Washington, DC! Yippee!

But it would have been 1000 times better IF the layover was longer than 10 hours! My poor, tired, but wonderful sister Diane, and my nephew Matthew, along with their dog Roxanne, met me in the lobby of our hotel as we arrived at around 10:15PM and then spent the next couple of hours with me in my room.

No food, no alcohol, just talk, Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve, and laughter (at Roxanne and Matthew's antics). It was a really nice night and is the beginning of a GREAT 2009!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't realize you knew Kris, Susan. I never met her, but I've heard really wonderful things about her from multiple sources. So sad we've lost two good souls the last couple months.

On a happier note, I'm glad you had a good New Year's Eve in DC, even if it was one of those glorified stand-ups. With the exception of Kris's service today, enjoy your three days off!

Susan said...

Yeah...my dealings with her were limited, but all very good. I feel compelled to go to her service and stand there for her in uniform... she was an inspiring person.