Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Holidays are Officially Over...

Jen left this morning and should be arriving soon in NYC. The house is so quiet and empty without her...

My recent Seattle trip was awesome - the crew was fun, even though we didn't do a thing in Seattle! But they were a good group of hard workers. When I got back to Denver on Tuesday morning, crew scheduling had me sit the couch at DIA until Noon, and then I was released to my two days off!

Then Jen & I spent most of Wednesday putting all the Christmas stuff away and then focusing on getting all her stuff packed up and ready to take on the plane. I ended up sending one package by UPS...her new tripod...it was too large to carry around an airport.

After taking her to the airport, the rest of my morning was taken up doing research. One of my flight attendant school classmates forwarded an email to the rest of the class encouraging us to send in a card to a union organizer indicating that we want to join a union. Yuck, yuck and double yuck. The kicker is, the "scare info" that was included in the email was false. I forwarded the email to a few friends in high places in the company and learned that it was blatantly false.

I know things are tough right now for us reserves, but what would a union be able to do to make it better?!?! If anything, having another layer of "management" could make things a lot worse. Also, unions have not been known to favor the lower seniority people... My hope is, that before anything becomes official, that all flight attendants take the time to do their research and make informed decisions. And I sure hope that Colorado is an "Open Shop" state, where union membership is not required...otherwise, I may be looking for a new job!

On a lighter note, I get to fly the couch tomorrow from 6:00AM until Noon! Woo hoo! Maybe I'll treat myself on the way home and roam around the Container Store in Denver or buy myself some new undies at the Jockey Outlet Store in Castle Rock! The possibilities are limitless!!!

No comments: