Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All's Well

Silly me. After all these years of not listening to what other people thought, why did I all of a sudden start caring? Ha! I'm all better now.

I got a call from HR at Frontier today, wanting to set up a phone interview for the Manager's position that I applied for. We had a nice chat, but I asked her to withdraw my application...unless she thinks F9 would move their HQ to Colorado Springs. Needless to say, my application has officially been withdrawn. Can you imagine what everyone at Church would say when they found out that I was working a 9 to 5 job at the HQ Monday through Friday and living in an apartment?!?!? Scandalous!

Today was Greg's dental receptionist's last day on the job - she's been with us almost 10 years. The time has come for her to go, though - both for her sake and ours. I know that the patients will miss her. But hopefully, they'll warmly welcome our new receptionist, Lisa!

I've been running errands and doing miscellaneous stuff here at home today - I bid for a reserve day off, and I got it! That means that my guarantee pay of 75 hours gets reduced by 4 hours. I already had tomorrow off, and then I'll start back to work on Friday - with SIX DAYS IN A ROW of duty. Yikes! But I did it to myself so that I could be home with Jen. Such a good Mom am I.

No comments: