Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mental Health Day

What a day. I did not do the DCA turn. I couldn't. I was not fit to fly.

When I got to the airport this morning I checked my company mail and found three "hate letters" from other flight attendants. Two with names and one anonymous. A few days ago I received a hate email that was signed. Why am I such a target?

Because I took the Leadership Council's request seriously - they wanted the reserve flight attendants to come up with some ideas as to how to make their work rules better. I sent a copy of my suggestions (each item complete with pros and cons) to each Leadership Council member and to each of my classmates. Someone in one of those groups didn't like my ideas and started distributing my suggestions - there was a copy taped to the file cabinets in the crewroom and I don't know who else got a copy.

I guess I threaten some of the line-holders. I guess they're afraid that they'll have to start doing their jobs the way that the company wants them to.

So sad.

I was pretty torn up when I got the three hate letters today, so I went to the manager's office and ranted and raved for awhile. They took me off my DCA turn, and I have the day off to give my brain a rest.

We're having our reserve forum tomorrow. I'm wondering if anything is going to change. I thought Frontier was different.

So sad.

No comments: