Friday, January 2, 2009

Rest in Peace, Kris...

A few days ago a co-worker, that I enjoyed very much, passed away. The details of what happened are sketchy at best at this time, and I'm sure I'll learn the truth at her viewing and service this afternoon. But what I've gotten confirmed so far is that when she attended a recent Leadership Council meeting for Frontier Flight Attendants, another of my co-workers noticed that Kris was slurring her words and acting disoriented. She drove Kris to the hospital, and evidently, that was the beginning of the end - a brain tumor.

This passing has hit me hard. Kris was a woman I admired. Around my age, liked by a lot of people. A flight attendant with Frontier for four years, she loved her job. A go-getter and involved in everything. I remember working a flight on which she was a non-rev, and I spent time talking with her about issues concerning reserve flight attendants, things that the Leadership Council were considering, and getting advice on how to handle situations. Another time, I was a non-rev on one of her flights to LaGuardia - and ended up giving her a hand during the boarding process - and she did not forget me - she wrote a letter to the company praising me for what I did on that flight!

I didn't know Kris well, but I'm sure there are very few people who didn't like her. She will be missed.

No comments: