Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter Wonderland

The service last night for Kris was beautiful...there were a lot of tears and a lot of laughs. It turns out that Kris had a brain aneurism in November, and then had a seizure on 12/24. At that time they did some tests and found out that she had lung cancer that had metastisized. She died four days later, probably not realizing how sick she was. The doctor doesn't know exactly what caused the blood clot - most likely it was the lung cancer. I did okay at the service until I viewed her body and realized that she was being buried in her uniform. OMG. That was a tough one.

After the service, I headed west out of Denver and drove to our cabin. Greg, Jen and the boys had already arrived there and were warm and cozy. This morning it started snowing for awhile - we ended up getting about 3 or 4 inches. Greg went skiing, and Jen & I have just been hanging out doing a lot of nothing. We are now both showered and dressed, and will probably take a run out to Target - Jen says she needs a new pillow.

Crew Scheduling called me twice yesterday and once today to "junior assign" me - that means if I answer the phone, I HAVE to work. So I haven't answered. I have let their call go to voice mail. The airline was severely short of flight attendants yesterday, and when they junior assign you, you get paid time and a half. But...I was in no shape to fly yesterday after the service. And this is the first time in a long time that all three of us are here at the cabin at the same time, so I'm staying here until tomorrow afternoon. I go back on duty on Monday for two days.

There is a lot of snow on the ground here, and it is very pretty. But it is chilly...

No comments: