Sunday, January 18, 2009

Give me a Trip!

I just realized, that in the past two weeks, I have been away from home only one night (Seattle)! I have had two couch sits, a round-trip to Cancun, a round-trip to San Jose, CA, and yesterday I had a round-trip to Dallas. Now the problem with all these individual trips/sits, is that they are on individual days, thus requiring me to go barreling up/down I-25 at 1000 miles per hour. My poor car...There is one available trip on the board, and I'll find out if I get it in a couple hours. The first night will be spent in Milwaukee and the second night in Los Angeles. Stay tuned.

But I do have to say that I had a blast on yesterday's round-trip to Dallas! I flew with one of my classmates, Steph G., and a girl from the previous class, Carrie. Everything went like clockwork. It just goes to show (listen up, all you senior mamas who are stuck in your ways) that if you do the job correctly, it is so easy!!! The time went by so fast...I hope I get to fly with both those ladies again.

When I got back to DEN, I called and begged crew scheduling to send me out on an overnight! But they had nothing to offer me. Then a nice four-day popped up on the screen that was leaving tonight, but they said they had to give it to a classmate who had less hours than me. So I bid on a day off without pay and on the A shift for the couch for this morning...and they sent me home with the day off. No worries about having to answer the phone at 4AM! Life is good.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've never flown with Steph. I'm glad you had a good time. Love trips like that!

And I'm sorry you're making yet another trip tomorrow morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they send you out off the couch!