Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Miracles do happen...

The weirdest thing just happened to me on the stand-up that I just did to San Jose, CA. First of all, keep these things in mind - there are around 850 Frontier Flight Attendants, I am on reserve, and I am given assignments on a random basis. I was getting along great with my fellow crewmembers on our way to San Jose.

As we were deplaning, the "A" position flight attendant tells me about the cell phone she recently lost on a place at LGA - gone. Never to be seen again. We continued the conversation on the crew bus to the hotel, and then the "C" flight attendant joins the conversation as she told us that she is still heartsick over losing her antique diamond wedding ring...Well, here's where the story gets interesting.

I found that antique diamond wedding ring on December 14 as I was walking through the DIA Airside Employee Parking Lot. I could not believe what I had in my hand. I put an ad in the Lost & Found section of Craigslist for Denver, but felt terrible that I would probably never find the owner.

Back to the crew bus - I asked a few questions about the description of the ring, and when I knew for certain that it matched the ring that I had found, I told her that I had found the ring on December 14 and had it at my house! She burst out crying and was so excited! It turns out that the ring is a family heirloom that is 150 years old. She lost it sometime on December 13, and realized it on her birthday - December 14. She had been searching in the lost & found at the airport, had placed ads in the lost & found section of the newspaper, but for some reason had not looked at Craigslist.

I knew that this was a special ring to someone - I am overjoyed that I will soon be able to reunite it with its owner!

Put your trust in God, and he'll make things happen!!!

No comments: