Monday, December 29, 2008

Long Day!

Today, I sat the couch at DIA from 12 Noon until 6PM. I didn't do much until around 5PM when I was asked to preboard a flight to Portland - the crew showed up around 5:55PM. As I was leaving the plane, my phone rang - it was crew scheduling sending me on a trip to Nashville for the night!

I love our hotel in Nashville. Nice, large rooms. Goo Goo Clusters when we check in. Comfortable beds. Our van will take us back to the airport at 2PM tomorrow, so I have a nice long layover. I'll probably go out for a long walk tomorrow morning.

The flight out here went well...though it seemed like the passengers were especially needy. I'm not sure why. I was surprised that some Mennonite kids were so rude - ringing their call button a few times for fun, demanding drinks without waiting their turn, etc. But another kid (who I think was with them) complimented me on his way off the plane, telling me that I was a really good flight attendant!

I also had what I thought was going to be a challenge with an elderly gentleman - he didn't like that I asked him to hold on to his coat until I got all the roller bags up. He was not happy with me. But I ended up not needing the space, and I placed his coat back up there, after making him say "please." We joked around during the boarding process, and during the safety demo I pointed two fingers to my eyes, and then pointed the fingers to him - letting him know that I was watching him. He asked for a comment card, as well as my name and employee number so that he could tell my boss to give me a raise. We'll see if he follows through...

Well...it's after midnight here, so I guess I should think about going to bed. We will fly back to Denver in the afternoon, then we'll do a turn to San Francisco. And then I'll be back in Denver sometime before midnight tomorrow.

No comments: