Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Last night I collected assorted meds from crew members - Nighttime TheraFlu, Daytime TheraFlu and Zicam nasal spray. I tried the Zicam and the Nighttime TheraFlu, but they backfired on me...I'm one of those people who feel wired after taking those meds! So my 21 hour layover in Dallas during which I thought I'd get lots and lots of sleep, turned into a night of tossing, turning, and daydreams. It was not very restful.

We left the hotel at 12:45PM and took a full flight back to Denver. Before getting on the plane, though, I called crew scheduling to give them a "heads up" that I was going to be calling in sick after I returned to Denver, and would not be going on the Omaha turn. They didn't give me any hassle (thank goodness...cause I was feeling pretty bad at that point). So I got to be at home at 5PM instead of 11PM - we had a nice Christmas dinner as a family, opened presents, and now Greg is playing Jen's Wii Guitar Hero III. Tomorrow morning we'll have our traditional banana pancakes (one day later than normal).

It's been a nice day. Merry Christmas!

No comments: