Sunday, December 14, 2008

Going in Circles...

The Kansas City Airport Hilton Hotel is such a nice hotel. Quiet, clean, modern. So much so, that I came back for a second night in a row! Well...that isn't quite the reason...we left this morning at 6:15AM to go back to the airport to fly to Cancun again! Then we picked up a planeload of people and returned to Kansas City just a little while ago. It's getting cold and blustery outside, and rumor has it that a storm is coming soon, complete with snow and ice - we're supposed to fly out tomorrow...I sure hope we can! Cause we're going back to Denver and then I have Tuesday off!

My "thought" for today is...why do people automatically assume that you know an alcohol's first name? On this morning's flight from Kansas City to Cancun we had a wedding party of 48 people. Most of them were very very nice (they could be recognized by the light blue shirts that they were wearing - the bride and groom had the same shirts in white), but there was one not-so-nice part of their group who snipped at me that she wanted a "crown and diet" or a "captain and diet."

I'd like to make a couple comments on this. First of all, we tell the passengers quite a few times to refer to page 88 in the Wild Blue Yonder magazine to see our beverage selection, which she obviously didn't do. And second of all, she spoke so softly that I practically had to put my ear in her face (she was in a middle seat), and acted totally annoyed with me when I did so. Lastly, she was huffing a puffing when I told her we did not have "crown" or "captain" (whoever the heck they were)...jeez. What does she think we are? A liquor store?!?! Ha ha ha ha!

I am so glad that I've got a good crew. It's really making this trip fun. On the van ride to the hotel this afternoon, we realized that our A flight attendant looks (and sounds) exactly like Rita Rudner with red hair. What a profound realization. Tomorrow, on our last flight together, I will have to introduce her as Rita's sister...

No comments: