Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunny Sunday

My Friday night drive from the airport back to home did not go as smoothly as I had hoped! It took almost 4 hours!!! By the time I realized that I-25 southbound was closed up ahead, it was too late to get off before I hit the backup. So I creeped and inched along (in perfectly good weather) until I reached County Line Road at the top of Monument Hill. Then I followed the traffic as we made a big detour. Our informative newspaper "The Gazette" did not mention this closure in Saturday's paper, so I am not exactly certain as to what happened on I-25. However, I did hear a rumor of a jacknifed semi...

I had planned on being home for a few hours before heading to the COS airport to pick up Jen...instead, I was home for less than an hour. But it was just enough time to eat some dinner, load the boys into the car, and head to the airport!

Yesterday, we hung out on the sofa most of the day - didn't even get dressed until 5PM!!! Can you tell that Greg isn't around? He went to the cabin on Friday evening, so we're having a "girl's weekend." Today, Jen has some things that she wants me to do, so I am not sure what my schedule will be.

I am off duty until 12/24 at 12:01AM...and then I have two days on duty. I am hoping that since I have only 2 days that scheduling will forget about me...and that we'll be able to have our Christmas at it's "normal" time. If not, we will postpone our family Christmas celebration until 12/26.

In the meantime, I am ready...the tree is up and decorated! The presents are all bought (I still have a few to wrap...) and life is good!

No comments: