Friday, December 19, 2008

It Was Meant to Be...

We had a very smooth flight back to DEN this morning from Tampa...however, the passengers weren't thrilled when they arrived at the airport and were told that their flight was delayed about 45 minutes or so because the "crew needed to get their rest." Unfortunately, the passengers don't think WHY we may need our rest. They just assume we stayed out too late the night before from partying...not quite.

Anyway, I let anyone who asked know that we got in around 12:30AM and that it was a long day yesterday. Most everyone I told had some sympathy.

Unfortunately, the flight attendants with me weren't too happy today. Just tired, I guess. So I kept to myself at the front of the plane and just hung out. At the end of the flight, I started to walk towards the crewroom as I called crew scheduling, and ended up turning around and going right back to the plane that I had just gotten off of. I was needed to help pre-board a flight to Chicago.

So I did my thing, telling people not to put their coats in the overhead until after all the roller bags were put up there...and the flight attendant assigned to that flight showed up. I gathered my bags, and started walking up the jetway back to the terminal and I heard someone yell out "SUZIE!"

I stopped dead in my tracks...it was my first cousin, Jacki! She was on her way from her home outside of San Francisco to Chicago! I would have loved to have worked her flight so we could visit more. ButI realized that there was a reason why I got assigned to pre-board that flight - to see Jacki! It was meant to be.

Since that pre-boarding, I was assigned to the couch until 4:57PM...and then I can go home for my FOUR DAYS OFF! Woo hoo! Jen left LaGuardia this afternoon and is on her way to Dallas. Unfortunately, her flight left late, so she has missed her connecting flight to Colorado Springs. But being the good Mommy that I am, I called American Airlines (I bought her ticket with credit card miles) and rebooked her connecting flight. She'll be home at around 9:40PM. Yay! Let the festivities begin!

No comments: