Monday, December 8, 2008

Celebrity?


Well...I said that I was going to include "celebrities" that I met on the plane. This guy, Ted, gave each of us his card on a recent flight. I went to the website that it listed www.60milemen.org and came up with the following:

MR. MARCH: Ted, 42, is a Surgical Technologist for a major health care system in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. His passion for the 3-Day is only equaled by his love of history. he is an avid historical re-creationist, and volunteers for the cast of several Renaissance Festivals in North Texas.

I walk for all the men and women that I have come into contact with in my 20+ years in surgery, in the hope that one day we will never again perform another mastectomy. I walk for my adopted "military mom" who is a survivor of multiple diagnoses, and for the Navy Chief that - with her successful battle - showed me what courage and leadership truly are. Most of all, I walk so that one day nobody will have to lose another family member to this disease.

No comments: