Saturday, November 1, 2008

It Never Rains in California...Huh?!?

What a weird day.

This morning's flight started out with an "issue" - the flight was booked for a plane with 23 rows, but our plane had only 22 rows...and for some reason, the gate agents couldn't tell me which seats were empty. So once everyone was on board, I asked two single guys to move to the exit row - and that freed up a row of three for a family that was originally in the back row. The gate agents loved me, and almost hugged me! All in a day's work.

Then my coffee pot wouldn't work.

Then a sweet Hispanic woman spilled her OJ all over herself.

Then I twisted my ankle in the LAX terminal - so far, there's no pain or swelling.

But once I was at the hotel, things took a turn for the better. It was 10:30AM and I was DONE FOR THE DAY! Incredible. My co-workers told me about a trolley that'll take me to Manhattan Beach - so off I went! Only $3 for a nice ride to the beach. I walked around the shops, walked on the pier, ate fish tacos, had some ice cream, watched the surfers, and got back on the trolley before the rain came. The trolley stopped at two shopping malls on its way back to my stop, but the stores were the "same old, same old" so I stayed on and went back to the hotel.



So it's now 4:15PM, and we "fall back" tonight, so I'll have lots of sleep before it's time to catch my 5AM shuttle to the airport. But before I sleep, I will watch my Netflix movie (I don't remember which one it is) so that I can send it back and get the next one on my list!!!

No comments: