Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home for the Holidays!

I got an almost 4-hour call-out (whew!) for a Dallas turn yesterday - now THAT'S my kind of call! I had time to shower, dress, get organized, and drive to DIA in a nice, relaxing manner.

The flights were full both ways - lots of people going to be with loved ones for Thanksgiving! I spoke with a Colonel in the U.S. Army on the way to Dallas - nice guy... and I had a plane full of TCU (Texas Christian University) students on the way back to Denver.

We were on an Airbus 318 that had recently had leather seats installed - and the last row had inoperative TVs...that's a temporary situation that will be rectified within the next week or so. The passengers in that row on both flights were disappointed...so I offered to purchase them a beverage as a token of apology. Not all of them took me up on my offer, but they very much appreciated it.

I was the "B" position this time, so I didn't really talk much with the "A" flight attendant, but I had a very nice chat with Vanessa, the "C" flight attendant. She's another FA who loves her job! Those job-lovers are a joy to be around!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day!

Susan said...

Happy turkey day to you, too! We just finished our meal...for tomorrow we will eat LEFTOVERS!!!