Sunday, November 16, 2008

On the Go!

If you look closely, you'll see a mallard duck in the following photo...that's what I saw on my walk around the hotel!

Oh...I guess I should tell you that I'm in Milwaukee! Yesterday, Greg and I had just finished raking the leaves in the front yard, and my cell phone rang. "This is a 2-hour call-out." I ripped off my leaf-covered clothes, gave myself a quick sponge bath, and threw on my uniform. Fortunately, all my bags were packed, Greg filled my water bottle, and I hit the road!

Traffic on a Saturday is a pain. Lots of people out for a joyride, not going the speed limit, etc. But I got there...I had FIVE minutes to spare. Whew. I didn't really enjoy that stress. The entire crew had been short-called - I don't know what had happened to the original crew...they were probably delayed in another city by weather.

The hotel has "Sleep Number" beds...weird! I set it to a really low number, and the entire bed sank in the middle! So I pumped it up and it got harder. Finally, I found a happy medium. There was a McDonald's nearby, and I walked there for breakfast on Sunday. Then I stopped at the Subway shop to pick up a sandwich for lunch. Now I'm sitting in the room watching a documentary about Jim Jones - what an evil man. It's scary that he had so much power over so many people. So sad.

I'm heading back to Denver in a couple hours...but I am not sure what my future holds! I am on duty until Tuesday at midnight...

No comments: