Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No Pictures for You!

Since I arrived in Houston in the dark, and left Houston this morning in the dark, I have no pictures...however, I should have taken some in the newly remodeled lobby - it's similar to the Philadelphia hotel's lobby - many stories tall, big, airy, and beautiful.

Since we had such a short layover, I ate out of my lunchbox, watched a little TV, read a used People magazine that was missing its cover and inside middle page, and went to bed. But I didn't sleep as much as I had hoped to - I had a "nightmare" about driving people places and getting everyone to where they needed to go and being on time. I was overcommitted and didn't know how to get to where I needed to go. Whew! I think those short-calls bugged me even more than I originally thought!

It was a half-full flight this morning, so it made it very easy...but it was hard to stay awake! But once we got back to DIA, we all heard those magic words..."you are released to your days off." I don't go back on duty again until Monday!

My daughter, Jen, is flying in this evening!!! Until a couple days ago, our plans were to go to the Celine Dion concert in Denver tomorrow night, and spend the night in a hotel. But I got an email and a phone call from Ticketmaster telling me that the concert has been postponed until February, 2009!!! So I gave Jen the option to cancel her trip home, and we'd rebook her ticket for February - that way she could stay in NYC and go to her classes, etc. But she was on top of her assignments, and decided to come home for a few days. I guess we'll have to spend our time together doing some "retail therapy..."!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Have fun with Jen, enjoy your days off, and forget about the airport for a while! Me, I'm off on my first "real" trip of the month. See my blog for details.

Love your new blog background! As soon as I get a chance, I'm so shopping for a new one myself! So jealous... :)