Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Haven't I Learned My Lesson?!?

This evening I took a step back in my history and got reelected to our Homeowners' Association Board. I had been on the board for 11 years and quit a few years ago when the drama got too overwhelming...the cause of that drama is no longer on the board, it seemed like it was now more relaxed and casual, and I figured, "what the heck?" I hope I don't regret this decision.

I ventured out today more than any of the past seven days...and I can feel it. My head is hurting, my cough is gaining all sorts of attention, but I'm trying to still take it easy. There was a really good four-day trip on the board for tomorrow (but I start six-days of duty tomorrow). I even called Crew Scheduling and begged for them to give it to me! I promised them a pizza...but, no go. They're just too honorable for my bribes. Anyway, it was an overnight in Atlanta tomorrow, Los Angeles the next night, and San Francisco the following. Is that a good trip, or what?!?! I have friends and/or relatives in each of those places - I would have loved to have done some serious hanging out. Instead, I'll now wait for my phone to ring...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I know the kids are feeling better, but the cough still lingers.