Friday, November 21, 2008

Boycott United Airlines!

OMG. What a day it has been. When I booked Jen's ticket to come home for the Celine Dion concert, I used credit card miles. Unfortunately, I ended up with a ticket on United Airlines. Luckily, everything went smoothly on Tuesday night when Jen arrived - but today, it's been crazy.

In a rather large nutshell, Jen's first flight today from Colorado Springs to Chicago on United kept getting delayed. I spoke with a UAL employee and told him that I wanted to cancel Jen's reservation, get my money back, and that I'd put her on a non-rev Frontier Airlines ticket from Colorado Springs to Denver to LaGuardia, because "Frontier never cancels flights!" Well...he did one better - he "pushed" Jen's entire ticket to Frontier - in other words, United paid for Jen to have a confirmed seat on Frontier!

But, he did it incorrectly and Jen's ticket remained as a non-rev. She got on the flight to Denver, and then I had to walk back and forth between the United and Frontier counters, until finally a wonderful Frontier customer service agent, Brenda, and her manager, Dixie, figured it out and got Jen a confirmed seat on the flight from Denver to LaGuardia. Whew! (Though she would've had no problem getting a non-rev seat...there were 10 seats available, and she was #2 on the list...but by then it was the principle of the matter.)

I went back to United to speak with the customer service agent to let them know why the "push" did not go through correctly...and without even looking up at me, she said:

"I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you and have a nice day."

I had been blown off. OMG. (By the way...it was very effective.)

No comments: