Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wasps

Just a few minutes ago a Colorado Springs Utilities meter reader came to my door and asked me to lock up the dogs and unlock the back gate. I did so, and as he skirted the bushes to get at the meters on the side of the house, he let out a yell, "OWWWW!"
At first, I didn't know what the heck happened, and then we saw a bunch of wasps flying around, and in the bush there was a large nest! I have never seen anything like it in our yard before! In the past, Greg & I have taken care of the little nests we've found in the eaves, etc. But this one is too big to mess with! I've got a call in to a pest removal company to come out today!

This is a beautiful work of nature, but a very painful one, too. Just ask my Utilities guy who ran off without a backward glance...thank God he was not allergic to wasp stings!

No comments: