Saturday, October 18, 2008

By the Skin of my Teeth!

I can't believe it...I was almost late this morning! I got the 6AM shift on the couch (I bid for it because I was already up in Denver for an annual training class yesterday - more about that in a minute), and I called in on the "official phone" at 5:58AM. OMG! I have NEVER cut it that close before - and I had even spent the night in Denver last night!!! Poor planning on my part. I stayed at the Geyer's house, went to bed a 9PM (it had been a long day), and got up at 5AM. I guess I should have made that 4:45AM. Oh well. It takes 20 minutes to drive, and then 10 minutes for the shuttle bus to the airport. Whew!

About yesterday - each year, we must attend a full day of training. The FAA has a large say in determining what we review, etc. and unfortunately, if I told you all that we did, I'd have to kill you. So I won't. I like my family and friends too much. Instead, I'll tell you that three of my classmates were there, too (there were 15 total students) so it made it fun to visit inbetween activities. I picked up the things that I had either forgotten or had never learned...so it was a great day. But I was sure tired!

I have five hours left on the couch...and then I get to go home and spend the rest of this beautiful fall day with my husband and two little stinky boys!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad you had a good day at RT, but it is surprisingly exhausting, isn't it? I had fun, though.

I'm flying with Ashley W. last night and today. See my blog for the official story.

Anyway, just wanted you to know I was thinking about you yesterday, and I'm glad everything went well.