Saturday, October 25, 2008

St. Louis Zombie Convention

We are now in St. Louis, and there is a convention going on of zombie followers - it looks like these are the people who support and work in the horror movie industry! I called my sister, Diane, to tell her about it and she said that if George Romero is there, she's coming. Well, guess what? He was holding a panel discussion with the cast of the remake of "Night of the Living Dead" at that very moment. Diane missed her chance, and I was too freaked out to attend it for her.

I started out the day in a not-so-good way...I forgot my cell phone in the hotel room. Yikes. I realized it when we got to the airport. I asked the van driver to recover it for me (it was 4:45AM) and he did - he was back at the airport at 5:15AM. I couldn't wait for the van to come cause I had to be on the plane, but the CPT volunteered to wait. Not all CPTs would have done that...

This afternoon was low-key. Only three of us went out for dinner - Brenda and Marcus no-showed. We still had a good time, but a lot less laughter, drinks, and craziness.

That's the way these crews are - you take five complete strangers and throw them together. You've got your fun and crazy days and you've got your "I want to be alone" days. This is the first trip where I've done something with the crew every night - I think that's really unusual...but it has been a lot of fun. Then we'll all go our separate ways tomorrow at 2PM when we finish our Sacramento turn...it was fun while it lasted! I am scheduled to leave at 3PM on our flight to LaGuardia! I am planning on spending a few days with Jen in NYC. I am very, very excited!

No comments: