Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just Not My Trip, I Guess...

It took me until 2AM (local time) to fall asleep on Thursday night after my unfortunate incident. Once I got up, I made breakfast (oatmeal - using my coffeemaker, a banana, peanut butter), and watched TV. Then I threw on my tennies and took a nice long walk around downtown Indianapolis. It was such a pretty day, the temp wasn't too hot, and there were lots of sights to see.

When I got back to my hotel room, my phone rang - Crew Scheduling was calling to tell me that when I returned to DEN, I would do a turn to Portland, OR. By then, it was time to get ready to fly back to DEN - I was fearful of another nasty passenger (the gate agent pointed out an old guy who gave her trouble - but he was a pussycat on board), but it was an uneventful flight.

But I think I pissed off the C flight attendant - as we were landing, she was moaning and groaning about how the company has screwed her so badly - I told her that maybe it was time that she took a break...she didn't talk to me for the rest of the flight. Oh well.

So then I proceeded to my next flight - I had a new crew (thank God), and they were happy, positive and laid back. I was C on the flight, and as we were boarding, a passenger mentioned that there was a guy who was very drunk - so I chatted with him as he was looking for his seat - he had the telltale watery eyes, alcohol odor - and he was cussing like a sailor. I went to the B flight attendant and told her what I thought, and she called the A flight attendant who notified the CPT. Long story short - he was removed from the plane. The other FAs were very impressed that I caught it - it saved us a possible big headache!

We worked out butts off on the flight to Portland - we started out almost an hour late due to weather/air traffic in Denver, we were almost full, everybody wanted 2 or 3 drinks, headphones, bathroom breaks, etc. As the passengers were deplaning, one woman stopped and told me that I was a GREAT flight attendant! What a boost that gave me! Our return flight was relatively empty, so we could relax a bit - but I found it hard to stay awake. We landed right at midnight and then I got to drive home...with "South Pacific" blasting on my car stereo!

No comments: