Monday, October 13, 2008

Oklahoma City...again!

I got a three-hour call-out to do a turn to OKC this afternoon - and what a great time I had! I flew with my classmate LuEllen and a flight attendant from the class held before mine - Fadia.

At first, I was worried that it was going to be a looooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg trip - Fadia was not happy about being on reserve, pay cuts, etc. and felt that we need a union (pardon me for swearing). I about jumped out of my skin. I won't go into details, but by the end of the flight, Fadia was laughing and happy - so was I, and LuEllen, too!

Our flight to OKC had a bunch of Germans from Bavaria - I spoke a bit of German with them, told them that I had lived in Stuttgart for four years, told them to behave themselves (they wanted Fadia to sit with them), said "bitte" when they said thank you, and told them "Tschuss!" when they left. One guy was in lederhosen and had a Bavarian shirt - it brought back a lot of memories.

The CPT Marik and the FO Jason were also very nice - we had an hour layover in OKC, so I went onto the concourse and brought back Eskimo Pies for everyone! The CPT and FO were like little boys, they were so excited!

Our flight home was FAST! We landed 38 minutes early...and I got home by 9:30PM and was able to see the boys before they all went to bed! Now I've got three days off...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It sounds like you had a really great trip, Susan! I'm so glad for you. Of course, I think you are a lot of the reason why your trips are great, even when you have to deal with an unpleasant passenger. I don't know how you always stay so upbeat. I keep hoping for a chance to do an overnight with you - preferably NYC or ATL where we can really do the town!

You, my dear, are an inspiration.

BTW - I flew with the "other" Susan Moore last week, and she's a real sweetheart. One of the sweetest people I've ever met. We had a great time together, and she said to tell you hello. LOL

Susan said...

Thank you for the kind words... I am learning that life is too short to be negative. In the big scheme of things, does it really matter? It's more fun to be happy and positive, and not allow others to drag you down. Trust me...you do NOT want to see me down.

I'm so glad you got to work with my co-named. She does our name proud.