Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Crewroom

A little over a year ago, the Frontier flight attendants took over the British Airways lounge on the A Concourse at DIA - prior to that, our crewroom was in the basement, and was considered a dungeon. Fortunately, our new crewroom is bright, sunny, and usually busy!

But it's amazing to me that the very same people who complain about passengers being pigs on the airplanes, can create such a mess in the crewroom! So last night, the Vice President of Inflight Services - Cathy, several of the Inflight Managers - Toni, Mitch, Linda, and Tammy, the Director of Inflight Services - Rosie, and the GO Inflight Services Coordinator - Jerry, and a few other people I didn't recognize, attacked the crewroom with a vengence! The refrigerators were emptied and scrubbed clean, clutter was tossed, floors were vacuumed, swept and mopped, walls were painted, tape was scraped off, furniture was wiped down, fixed, and polished. It was amazing. My duty ended at 10PM, and they were still going at it.

So, to any and all Frontier crewmembers who happen to read this blog - please pick up after yourself, wipe up those spills, don't place things in the fridge never to be recovered...it's our little home away from home, and we should keep it neat!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Amen, sister! Preach it! Almost every time I sit the couch I end up picking up and throwing out garbage left behind - paper napkins, ketchup packets, soda cans, caribou coffee cups - you name it. And every time I go to the paper cutter, I not only throw out my own odds and ends, but everyone else's too.

It's very frustrating, and I know you do more than your share - I've seen the amazingly organized results for myself!