Thursday, October 9, 2008

Three Day Trip

I just got a call from crew scheduling...I have to be at the airport in three hours for a three-day trip. I'll fly to Oklahoma City tonight, then back to Denver in the morning. Then here's where it gets interesting...I'll fly from Denver to Salt Lake City, then it looks like I'll take an empty plane to Logan, UT and sit on the ground for a few hours, then fill the plane up with most likely football players (it's a charter) and take them to San Jose, CA - and that's where I'll spend Friday night. Then on Saturday, we'll return to Denver, sit for a couple hours and then do a turn to Los Angeles.

Weird thing is, when I get back at 5:30PM on Saturday, I still have two more days on...and the old question arises...should I drive home and hope that that's it? Or should I stay up in Denver, assuming that they'll be giving me another trip?!?

Now repeat after me..."I will be spontaneous! I will be flexible!"...and I will have fun!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a good trip overall. I've heard football charters can be fun, especially if they win, and they are generally as well behaved as military charter folks. At least that's what Van says. He does charters a lot.

Hope your crew is fantastic and that things go well. And btw, my daughter Hanna says, "Always stay in Denver. You just never know what they're going to do to you!"

I'm off to RT tomorrow, myself. Should be an interesting day!

Good trip, and talk to you soon.