Friday, May 23, 2008

ReLAXing...(get it?)



Here I am at a gorgeous Westin Hotel in Los Angeles. We got here around 11AM and I, for some strange and unusual reason, was beat! So I took a short nap, watched some TV, and then went out for a walk and grabbed dinner at a local Subway shop.

Today's flights were a lot less bumpier than yesterday's flights. Thank goodness! Though coming to LAX we did have a guy spend most of the flight in the lavatory - at his request! He was fairly tall and had a window seat - he wasn't getting enough air and felt like he had food poisoning. So we moved him to the lav, gave him an ice bag for the back of his neck, and a can of ginger ale. By the time we were getting ready to land, he felt much better.

I attempted to contact a friend here in LA, but didn't hear back - the last time I was in town, it turns out that she was out of town! I guess the same must be true! That's okay - between being so tired from getting up before dawn, and the weather being overcast, it's just better that I hang out in the room - we have to catch the van back to the airport at 4:45AM. (At least that's 5:45AM Denver time!).

Our First Officer could be a double for the actor of Greg Kinnear. I hope to take a picture of him tomorrow so you can see what I mean. The entire crew has been so friendly and relaxed. It's been a real treat to be with them. We're planning on having a "crew dinner" tomorrow night in Dayton - at the same hotel where I attended a crew karaoke performance the last time that I was in Dayton! Should be memorable!

No comments: