Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ready Reserve

I drove to Denver this morning in the worst weather conditions yet...snow? No. Rain. Lots and lots of rain, and lots and lots of drivers who are SCARED of rain. Going 50 mph in the left lane. Sheesh. But I still made it to the airport in record time...go figure!

I am on duty from Noon until 6PM. So far I've preboarded a flight to Chicago - the crew got there within 10 minutes of departure and were so happy that we were all ready to take off. During the short time I was on the plane, I encounted a "trouble passenger" - a woman in menopause (so what else is new?) and she was hot. She wanted to get off the plane, but we wouldn't let her (Federal regulations). Then she started questioning who made such rules, George W. Bush? Well...that set me off. I told her that she can thank those people that took away our freedom a few years ago, and made airplane travel a chore instead of a joy...etc. etc. etc. Then she asked me why I had such a crappy job! I wanted to say that it's only crappy when I have to deal with people like her, but instead I smiled and told her that when I feel it's a crappy job, I will be quitting. Life is too short. Fortunately, the assigned crew came onboard and I could wish the trouble passenger adios!

Back in the crewroom, I took a mini-test of the infant life vest - how to put it on a baby and what it's features are. Another thing I can put on my resume.

Well, back to the couch I go...I've got lots of magazines to catch up on as well of lots of friends with whom I can chitchat.

No comments: