Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another New York Update

Thursday - We did all the things we had to do - Jen signed out of the dorm, we spent the last of her "meal card" money on sportswear and toiletries, we opened a NYC bank account for her, and I showed her where my favorite laundromat is (I think she's going to continue using the laundry service only a couple doors down...same price as do it yourself and a lot closer). We won lottery tickets to see "In the Heights" (which just received 13 Tony nominations). It was soooooooo good. Front row center. Wow.

Friday - We took the ferry (8 minute ride) to see Tom - he took us to a mall where we finished up all the last minute kind of stuff that we still needed to get for the apartment - an iron, fabric boxes, ceiling fan chain pulls, etc. Then we went bowling! Man...it was a nice bowling alley, but expensive!!! I know I won one of the games, I know Tom won at least one, and Jen won one when we declared that the lowest score wins...! We headed back to the city, had dinner, played a little bit of Wii and off to bed!

Saturday - Everyone slept in. Mom and Nancy are now in the city - I had hoped to meet them when they arrived at Penn Station, but I had to wait in line for the shower!!! And Jen getting to her job took priority. So...we'll meet them after they see South Pacific, and we'll all have dinner at Tavern on the Green (Tom included). This day is Nancy's gift to Mom for Mother's Day!

No comments: