Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Duty Calls!

I spent six hours "flying the couch" this afternoon...very uneventful. No pre-boards, no assignments. But I did get to spend time visiting with my friends, reading my book, and just hanging out.

When I got off duty at 6PM, I started to head home. After about 20 minutes, my cell phone rang and it was crew scheduling giving me a 4-day trip starting tomorrow and my show time is 6AM! So I took the next exit off the highway and started heading to the Geyer's house to spend the night!

I have an Indianapolis turn and an overnight in Chicago tomorrow, an overnight the next night in Los Angeles, and an overnight in Dayton on the final night, followed by a turn to Albuquerque on Sunday!

It's a good thing I have such kind friends here in Denver...I still have to get up at around 4:30AM to be ready to fly at 6AM - but it's a lot better than having to get up at 2:30AM and having to drive from home.

No comments: