Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What are the Odds?!?!

I am on duty for six days, starting today. Jennifer is coming home for six days, starting today. What are the odds that I get called for a job that lasts the same amount of time that she is in town? Well...I guess they were pretty good.

Jennifer flies in tonight at midnight (it'll be closer to 1:30AM due to a flight delay), and I have to be at the airport at 2:15PM tomorrow for the start of a four-day trip! Oh well. I already figured that I'd miss Thanksgiving dinner, but I had hoped I'd be home for Jennifer's 19th birthday on Sunday. I'll miss it by minutes - my trip will officially be over at 12:11AM on Monday. Bummer.
It's tough being #1000 out of 1023 flight attendants! Next year I'll have a bit more seniority.

To make things a bit easier, the three of us and Kikko will spend tonight at the Geyer's house in Denver - it's only 20 minutes from the airport, so it'll work out well. We'll get to sleep in a bit, have breakfast, celebrate Jennifer's birthday early, and then I'll go to the airport and they'll head home, drop Kikko off, and then go to the Littlewood's home for Thanksgiving dinner.

Anyway, I get to spend Thursday night in Nashville, TN; Friday night in Tampa, FL (where I'll bug John & Jeanette if they're available); and Saturday night in Seattle, WA. I've looked through my address book and actually don't know anyone in TN or WA. We'll have to change that.

No comments: