Saturday, November 3, 2007

California, Here I Come!

I got to "fly the couch" yesterday from Noon until 6PM, and was not called to do a pre-board or take a flight...bummer. But I did get a lot of reading done, a lot of visiting with other flight attendants, and some TV watching, too!

I saw quite a few of my classmates - Casie, Kelly, Tamara, Colette, Roz, Sherri, Hope, E.C., Renate, Steph, Maura...! Almost 1/3rd of my class. And how fun is this...I got assigned to a flight for tonight to Sacramento - Casie is the "A" attendant, I am the "B" attendant, and Renate is the "C" attendant! I had just commented to someone earlier in the day how nice it'd be to fly with my classmates. We'll arrive in Sacramento just before midnight, and then fly home tomorrow right before noon. Weird thing is, we'll be deadheading home (flying as passengers and not having to work). Once back in Denver, I'll continue to be on call until 11:58PM Monday night.

Rumor has it that things are slow now, but that around the 15th of the month the holiday schedule will kick in and we will be "on the go." Plus, there are over 100 flight attendants on reserve duty right now...

No comments: