Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Kind of Town, Chicago Is!

Last night, I flew from Denver to Chicago on the first leg of my first three day trip! What a flight it was...let's just say, that up until last night, all my flights have been very uneventful. The passengers have been quiet and calm, the crew has been very ordinary and normal. But last night, the alcohol was flowing, the voices were raised, and the tempers of the passengers started flaring. There was one girl in particular who was a LOUD drunk - I finally asked her to "tone it down a bit because other passengers are complaining" and let's just say, she didn't think there was a problem. But when the other passengers clapped as she left the plane...that should have told her something.

We checked into our hotel after midnight, and then early this morning my cousin, Randy, came by and took me to breakfast! And then afterwards he took me to a Lithuanian bakery...oh my, my, my. It was a good thing that I was not hungry!!!

Then Randy had to go to work, so he dropped me off at the airport where I picked up what is probably the UGLIEST RENTAL CAR I have ever seen! I won't say the make/model of the car for fear that I would offend someone...but I will say that it is CANARY YELLOW. YOW! Off I went, driving around Chicagoland in my tweety bird car.

First stop was St. Casimir's Cemetery where I researched where all my relatives are buried, including my Dad - I counted 13. I now have a map of the cemetery that I've marked with all the locations.

Afterwards, I hung out a bit more with Randy and Jack at their stores (a costume store and a rare records shop). And then to top off my day, on the way back to the hotel I stopped and got some White Castle SLIDERS! Yummmmmmmmmy.

I leave the hotel in an hour or so to turn tweety bird back into Avis, and hop on a flight back to Denver...sometime later tonight I will end up in Phoenix!

No comments: