Monday, November 19, 2007

Fun-filled Weekend!

On Friday night, my crew and I flew to Dallas - fairly uneventful flight...and we got to our hotel pretty late so it was bedtime for me! (Especially after not getting home until 2AM that morning!) When I woke up, I threw on my workout clothes and went in search of a Diet Coke...in a can...cold. Success!

It was a beautiful day! I had no clue where I was (Bedford, TX - between Dallas and Ft. Worth), so I went out and started walking. In an hour's time, I saw more eateries than I had seen in quite awhile, including a movie theatre that served meals! If there had been a movie I was dying to see, I would have spent the day there.

Instead, after my walk, I grabbed my book and sat poolside for a few hours reading and napping and reading and napping. I cannot remember the last time that I did that.

That night, we ferried (flew it empty) the plane to Monroe, LA where we hung out for a few hours until the San Jose State football players arrived. Let's just say they were pretty sullen...they had lost their game 27-24, the fifth of six away games that they've lost. There were a few cutie patooties who I was going to give Jennifer's phone number to, but my Mom told me "don't go giving out my granddaughter's phone number!!!"

By the time we arrived in San Francisco, it was after 2AM. I was SO GLAD to see the hotel. The bed was SO COMFY, and I slept until noon (unheard of). When I went in search of a cold Diet Coke (in a can - do you see a pattern here?), I walked out the back door and right towards the San Francisco Bay! I had no clue we were right there. Either the tide was out, or the bay is drying up, or maybe it wasn't the bay...but the water was kind of far from shore.



In the early afternoon, my crew went back to the airport to deadhead home to Denver. There were lots of non-revs on board, including a male flight attendant - Will, who was a card! What a great attitude, but what a kidder. It was hard to nap - he kept goofing off, but it was a fun flight - just sitting there, getting waited on.

I had today off as well as tomorrow...and then I begin SIX DAYS of duty! It should be interesting...and busy!!!

No comments: