Monday, November 5, 2007

Sheer Panic!

Have you ever seen the look of sheer panic on a pilot's face? I did...on Saturday night after we told our pilot that all three of us were new graduates! Let's just say that our pre-flight crew briefing was A LOT more detailed than usual. You could tell that the guy wanted to have all his bases covered.

But...not to worry! We did GREAT! There were no medicals, no emergencies, just a bit of trouble with the DirecTV. On the way to the hotel, we offered to buy the pilot and first officer a drink in honor of our successful flight, but they were flying out again in only five hours. So instead, we told them that they should buy US a drink since we weren't flying again for ten hours. No dice. Oh well...we tried.

The three of us got to sleep in - I even watched a movie on HBO2, though I don't know which one it was cause I missed the beginning - then we got to ride as passengers on the flight back to DEN. It was fun to watch the flight attendants on duty...one of whom was one of our instructors! I even picked up a few additional tips. When we got back, we called crew scheduling and we were released for a ten hour rest period! Wow. What a job.

I'm heading to DEN today in an attempt to be released from duty early - I hope to fly to New York this evening to spend my days off with Jen. It's been TOO LONG since I've seen her!!!

No comments: